70UNE is a universal compass that can be used in its bracket as a steering compass or as a handheld sighting compass. If dropped in the sea, it floats! This compass is suitable for small boats, kayaks, dinghies, canoes and more.
This boat compass can be installed in any inclination or position – even upside down. It is easily detached from the bracket to enable temporary sighting use or for security purposes.
70UNE comes with a waterproof switch and built-in-illumination, powered by two watch batteries, that makes it ideal for night navigation. With a main steering scale on the horizontal part and direct reading on the vertical edge.
This universal compass is ideal for boats with a sitting as well as a standing helmsman. The curved lubber line enables swift and clear reading at a glance without parallax errors.
The Silva quality ensures durability and excellent readability; the capsule bowl is made from clear and scratch resistant acrylic. The combination of a sapphire jewel bearing and a hardened steel pivot minimizes friction, which in turn gives rapid and accurate movements. Silva marine compasses have a no-spin compass card is designed for perfect dampening and exact reading. You can trust that even when your boat is exposed to rough seas the gimballed suspension system makes sure the functionality is never disturbed hence you will always be able to read the compass accurately.
- Built-in illumination that enables night navigation
- Double scales – ideal for sitting or standing helmsman
- Multiple mounting possibilities – adaptable to the available space
- Smart bracket – easily attached or detached
- Use as steering or sighting compass
- Curved lubber line – accurate reading without parallax errors
- Floatable – don’t worry about dropping it in the sea
- Large digits – great when kayaking or canoeing
|Included accessories||Compass unit, mounting bracket, Illumination, 2x SR44 1.5V batteries, mounting screws|
|Type of compass||Marine compass|