Choose a brighter future with the more sustainable Terra Expedition S from Silva - made from hemp and recycled plastics. Terra Ranger SL is a a very small sighting compass, especially appreciated by backpackers and climbers.
Terra Ranger SL belongs to Silva Terra: a product serie made of recycled materials with 90% less carbon emissions. The lid, graduation ring and baseplate on Terra Ranger S are made of REVO material.
The Terra Ranger SL features a built-in sun dial that helps you see what time it is judging by the position of the sun. It has luminous markings that enables night navigation. The compass can be attached to your jacket with a safety pin, thereby allowing hands-free navigation.
This compass features a mirror that allows you to view the compass dial and the background at the same time. The fact that the compass dial can be seen at the same time the reference point is aligned makes mirror compasses more desirable for taking accurate bearings. A mirror-sighting compass is at its best in open terrain where you must determine direction over long distances.
SILVA TERRA – REUSE, REDUCE, RECYCLETerra means Earth, and products labelled Silva Terra have lower environmental footprint. We long for a brighter future and Silva Terra is our plan to make it happen. Our strategy is easy to understand and well known – reuse, reduce, recycle. Silva Terra is our commitment and our contribution to the future. Step by step, product by product.
- Cover, grip ring and base plate in REVO materiel with 90% less carbon emissions
- Mirror sighting with sighting hole for accurate bearings
- Detachable, safety release lanyard
- Map measuring scales; mm
- Built-in sun dial to determine the time of day
- Rotatable housing – use with the SILVA 1-2-3 System®
- Luminous markings that enables night navigation
- Robust material that withstands tough treatment and conditions
- Safety pin attachment
- Easy to handle for your outdoor adventures
- Terra Packaging
|Included accessories||Detachable lanyard|
|Type of compass||Sighting|